As a Member Service Officer, you would assist and serve members and potential members with their Credit Union needs; explain services, set up new accounts, provide assistance with all activities associated with member lending, respond to problems, and direct members to the appropriate people. Present all appropriate products to the member through cross sell and follow up.
· Assist members with opening and closing accounts, answer questions about products and e-services and resolve problems that are within authority to resolve. Refer problems that are beyond authority to supervisor, along with recommendations for resolution. Deliver all service at credit union expectations.
· Identify cross-sell opportunities and cross-sell products and services to members.
· Correspond with or interview loan applicants on all credit union loan products: prepare necessary documents for approval and process approved loan documents for disbursement/filing, ensuring they are in compliance with credit union policies and legal requirements.
· Be an ambassador for the credit union. Have the ability to identify financial needs of each member and recommend appropriate financial solutions.
· Complete outbound sales calls.
· Attend business development and networking events (potentially before, during or after business hours).
· Ensure that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared.
· Follow-up and maintain all member loan files in error-free manner.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work Experience: One to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: High school education or equivalent.
· Must be able to operate a PC in a Windows and browser based environment,
· Able to operate 10-key calculator.