CTCU's most valued assets are its employees. Therefore, we seek to attract and keep the best talent available. We empower our employees to succeed professionally and personally in their career goals. CTCU is committed to our employees through a variety of benefits including competitive compensation, training opportunities and comprehensive benefits. Community Trust Credit Union is seeking high energy, member focused individuals who are looking for a great career.
Applications are now being accepted for the following position(s):
As the Marketing Director, you will be responsible for developing and monitoring marketing strategies and promotional activities according to the credit union’s goals and initiatives. It will be your responsibility to maintain and improve the credit union's community relations, consistent with CTCU's mission. You will identify opportunities and implement plans to increase membership and deepen existing credit union relationships.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with community groups, area schools and select employee groups; promotes credit union to groups to maintain a positive relationship.
- Seek opportunities to promote the credit union within community groups and local area businesses.
- Create, manage, and monitor credit union promotional efforts according to the goals and initiatives in the annual budget.
- Envision creative marketing and public relations concepts. Create, manage, and analyze marketing and PR programs. Deploy the use of tracking tools for qualitative feedback on effectiveness of programs.
- Work with Senior Management to design individual promotions and ID applicable target markets to achieve the credit union's overall mission and goals.
- Coordinate all special events; manage planning, schedule and implementation required for proper and timely execution of each event. Coordinate the annual meeting, member appreciation events, summer festivals, golf outing and other community and credit union events. Record each credit union event with appropriate photography to be used in marketing and public relations efforts.
- Manage the logistics of all marketing efforts as necessary, to include execution of printed materials, delivery of inserts to vendors, and maintaining contacts with necessary vendors and sources to ensure marketing efforts are organized, timely and properly executed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a marketing compliance file system. Ensure all marketing and public relations materials comply with State and Federal rules and regulations for the credit union. Keep abreast in changing rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget and marketing plan with the COO and other Senior Management team members. Monitor the marketing budget and track expenses; research and justify expenses for management review.
- Create and maintain contacts in the local media with the goal of promoting CTCU through print and electronic media, especially via web sites, social media, and email marketing. Analyze market trends and demographic data concerning members and potential members, products and services, and potential products and services. Research and recommend new or enhanced products and services to provide ongoing quality member service and differentiation to our members.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Must be comfortable doing public presentations, friendly and an extrovert.
- Must be able to work independently, be well organized, and have initiative.
- PC design applications (i.e. InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Quark, MS Print Shop), preferred.
- Graphic design, a plus.
- Web development, a plus.
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Bachelor degree in Marketing or related field.
Full Time Teller
As a teller, you will be responsible for helping our members understand products and services, promoting our products and services and cross-selling as required. You will be responsible for basic teller duties, cash handling, assisting members with financial transactions, while providing excellent service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer inquiries, perform routine transactions regarding checking and savings accounts and other credit union related products
- Accurately process, closely verify and promptly key all transactions in a manner which maintains Community Trust's standards and a high level of service.
- Greet members with name in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person, on telephone, via mail, and electronic mediums
- Cash handling, retail sales, and customer contact experience preferable.
- Previous financial institution work experience required for some positions.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule.
- Must have attention to detail regarding numbers and names.
- Must be able to operate 10-key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
- Must be able to operate a PC in a Windows based system.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Education: High school education or GED.
To apply for any posted positions, or to be considered for future openings please send a resume or completed application by:
Macintosh users print a copy of the Employment Application below:
PC users access the Employment Application below: